• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual air vents below the windshield

Aernan

When I got to see a M1078 for the first time I noticed below the windshield is another area that looked covered in plexiglass. I was wondering if there is a manual vent cover for that area?
DSC02940.jpg

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think so, though someone else might know more than I do. My truck is an original '96 (e.g. not an A1, etc.), and I don't have that piece at all. So I think that's just an upgraded defroster duct, to improve airflow against the window or something, and is clear so that you don't lose all the visibility in that part of the windshield.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, in that picture you posted you can faintly see the holes in the top of that duct area (facing upward). My truck has that same hole pattern, in a similar piece of metal, but mine is just not that tall and doesn't have the windows. So basically those holes are at about the height of the bottom of those see through window areas, on mine. I'm not sure how much better that 2-3" makes it.