• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual CTIS control how to.

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 654163
I don't have a pic of the one I built because it's in a truck that's not here so credit to the pics owner. (edit) I found the owner of the pic is tjhuffy and he also did this setup to his LMTV earlier this year.

This is how to bypass the ctis controller to make it a manual system if you are having controller issues. The system needs 20psi minimum to open the wheel valves so it can air up or air down the tires. With the manual regulator you set it to the desired pressure and open the ball valve to feed the system. As long as you have 20 psi or more coming out of the regulator it will open the wheel valves. If the tires are at 70psi and you put 32 psi into the system with the regulator it will open the valves and release the pressure from the tires and will let them drop to the set pressure you have from the regulator.

Once the system has reached the set pressure from your regulator shut the ball valve coming out of the regulator and open the dump valve to release any pressure from the system so you're not holding pressure in the wheel hubs causing more eventual wear on the hub seals.

You will still have all the options as before and many more just no longer push button. Also with this setup you can set it and run a constant pressure if you are at the shop trying to pinpoint a leak, no more controller flashing the 5 lights and not putting air in due to the leak.
ABSOLUTE GENIUS - CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS ADEA

Kit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely, 3 M1078s.
Two of which are finishing 2 year resto-mod operations. Plan to sell them to folks building "overland machines".
How about you Ahab?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks