• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Fuel Shutoff valve

cjkeeliii

Does anyone know if it's possible to install a manual fuel shut-off valve? I think it would eliminate the possibility of the electric shutoff failing and it should make the cucv more EMP resistant. Of course in the event of some catastrophe the EMP would also diable fuel pumps. :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be done. The fuel hose coming out of the top of the pump (1/4"IIRC) would be a start. I know that on my truck, if you clamp that shut, the truck ceases to run. Perhaps a cable operate valve in that line. Disclaimer, my truck as a DS4 pump, never tried it with a DB2 pump.

ida34

Both the lift pump and the injection pump are mechanical. I am not sure EMP would hurt them. I have not heard of anyone replacing the electric shut off with a manual one.

acetomatoco

Is the valve on the IP a electric turn on and not an electric shutoff? Seems to me that if you disconnect the wire, the truck will not run. The same wire you are supposed to disconnect when you are priming, by engine cranking, the new fuel filter, so the engine will not poop and pop until you get fuel thru the whole system. So, if the valve fails due to EMP it will shut mechanically anyway... maybe.

ida34

It may effect the shut off as it does need to see power to allow the fuel to flow. That is why you would need to remove it or rig it open. I have not seen how they work internally to know how to do it. They pumps are all non-electric except for the pink wire shut off wire so if you were able to bypass it the engine would not need power to run. Then you would need the manual shut off. Someone with more internal knowledge of the IP pump would be able to speak about this with more authority.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks