• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

marine injectors??

mcmud

I have been searching around on here and can't seem to find all the correct info in one spot, so I'm hoping to get that done here. I am toying with the idea of getting marine injectors to get a little more oomph out of my truck. M923 A2 5 ton, 6cta engine, mechanic pump. So for the injectors, do we know a part number on them? Are they short or long injectors? Where should I go to buy them? Anything wrong with buying refurbished? Anything important I need to know when changing them? Thanks in advance!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just changing injectors won't give you more power. You need to increase the metered fuel rate.

nevrenufhp

Just changing injectors won't give you more power. You need to increase the metered fuel rate.
They will add some decent power, but not like it would with the fuel rate adjusted. I have a part number for the marine injectors, but have not got any specs for which pump they are meant for. I just know it's not for a Ppump.

74M35A2

Marine injectors seem like an upgrade, and they likely are, but on the diesel pickup truck performance sites, they roast people pretty intensely at even the mention of doing so. They seem to slam the spray pattern, and have accusations of excessive haze/smoke and cylinder wall washing. Not sure if the marine engines have pistons designed specifically for them. So, on those sites, some people advertise their injectors as "5x0.010" (this is an example, I am probably way off in numbers). Beyond turning up our 6CTA MW pumps, and possibly bumping the injection timing up, I would spend some time browsing or enlisting on one of those sites to learn more specific to injectors. Some of the tractor pulling group have remortgaged their houses for efforts in those areas, so there could be some knowledge to be had there.

nevrenufhp

Yes, I would go to pulloff for good info on the 8.3's big end performance. There's lots of guys with them in pullers. My injection shop guy wasnt liking the idea of running them with an MW pump. Performance speaking, the MW has a tendency to lose the connector link that keeps the lifters straight. My personal recommendation is to swap out to a P-pump then get the marine injectors for it....and an HX55. If you arent happy with the turned up MW, that is.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
P pump is much better than the MW. Even in stock form the MW gave users fits with smoke issues, mainly in school bus applications. It is a dealio to change up to a P from an MW.

saucebox69

i would not recommend marine injectors as stated above the spray pattern of a marine injector is 55 degrees vs the 45 that it is supposed to be. therefore your fuel does not spray into the bowl of the piston and your egts run hotter, haze at idle, cylinder wash all for a couple hundred bucks. you can buy 45 degree injectors for not much more than marines and see much better results

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to ask, what keeps marine engines from smoking and washing the cylinder walls?

74M35A2

I have to ask, what keeps marine engines from smoking and washing the cylinder walls?
I "believe" they have pistons specific for that spray pattern. Incorrect piston type likely reflects the spray onto the cylinder wall vs keeping it in the piston bowl area. Why are they different overall? Not sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks