• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland, 4-6 May 49th Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally and Militaria Flea Market at Hagerstown Aviation Museum

surplusyes

Big Congrats to Dan Hansen, the club president also volunteered to help with advance registration, he has sold 170 of the 210 available with about 5 weeks to go. The Museum received a grant from the State of MD and proceeds from the Rally go in part to support them as well. I forgot the 2 young gentleman's names who were in the Polish Tankette, but that will be on this years T-Shirt Design.

Hagerstown Aviation Museum 14211 Basore Drive Showalter Rd., Dome Hangar

Hagerstown MD 21742. This will be a wings and wheels event. All invited, public is welcome, all paved and handicap friendly. Historic military aircraft, vehicles, parts, accessories, vintage radio, uniforms, militaria, packs, bags, tents, vintage collectibles, display ordnance, great for collectors, re-enactors. Look, swap, show, sell, buy. Vender spaces also sold. Wide paved aisles, handicap and pet friendly. Proceeds benefit military museums, memorials and veteran causes. Photos are from past years Info: www.washingtonbluegray.com

Attachments

surplusyes

Less than 3 weeks away, big thank you to Dave Edwards for the info on HH-60 vinyl adhesive for patching up the clubs TEMPER Tent seen in photo below from last years Marine Corp League flag ceremony. A great display of military vehicles along with some warm and sunny weather last year too. If anyone who is coming to the rally has any desert TEMPER tent covers, please msg or email me cbdtomb@gmail.com . Club wants to buy at least 1 spare. All the best to all.

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there with whatever I can dig out, or is requested...

Things I can/will bring with me:
NOS M103A3 generator trailer cover (see classifieds).
I can bring NOS tall bows for same trailer if paid in advance (see classifieds).
I can bring the M809 winch setup I have in the classifieds, if I have a deposit by April 29th.
NOS S250 shelter lifting sling
NOS M939 series front winch control valve
NOS M105 cover
NOS 5/8" chain assemblies, approximately 7' long
NOS M939 fuel tank strainer

I'm sure I'll have some miscellaneous lights and stuff, too, once I get to digging.

I'll add to the list as I think of or find other stuff.

Last edited:

Patattack

Had a great time! Good stuff out there. Finally found a m101 cover and a 20 buck ak bayonet not disappointed at all. Son also got custom dog tags. Also put my m1009 in for the judging never done that before it was cool. Wish i could do Saturday but have to work.

428gearhead

Big Congrats to Dan Hansen, the club president also volunteered to help with advance registration, he has sold 170 of the 210 available with about 5 weeks to go. The Museum received a grant from the State of MD and proceeds from the Rally go in part to support them as well. I forgot the 2 young gentleman's names who were in the Polish Tankette, but that will be on this years T-Shirt Design.

Hagerstown Aviation Museum 14211 Basore Drive Showalter Rd., Dome Hangar

Hagerstown MD 21742. This will be a wings and wheels event. All invited, public is welcome, all paved and handicap friendly. Historic military aircraft, vehicles, parts, accessories, vintage radio, uniforms, militaria, packs, bags, tents, vintage collectibles, display ordnance, great for collectors, re-enactors. Look, swap, show, sell, buy. Vender spaces also sold. Wide paved aisles, handicap and pet friendly. Proceeds benefit military museums, memorials and veteran causes. Photos are from past years Info: www.washingtonbluegray.com
Had a great time! Good stuff out there. Finally found a m101 cover and a 20 buck ak bayonet not disappointed at all. Son also got custom dog tags. Also put my m1009 in for the judging never done that before it was cool. Wish i could do Saturday but have to work.
Will be there today. Local for me.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are all the big truck guys?
Yep, not many vehicles here this year.
Went yesterday, and got a couple of deals. It rain a little but really no big deal.
Didn’t get there until noon and didn’t get to see everything yesterday, going back again today.
Hopefully there will be more people there because it’s a Saturday and hopefully the vendors will stay all day…:unsure:
Tom.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, not many vehicles here this year.
Went yesterday, and got a couple of deals. It rain a little but really no big deal.
Didn’t get there until noon and didn’t get to see everything yesterday, going back again today.
Hopefully there will be more people there because it’s a Saturday and hopefully the vendors will stay all day…:unsure:
Tom.
…nope.
Got there today by 1100 hours. By 1200 hours many were packing up.
Sad :cry:.
Not as nice as last year.

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
I see mixed reviews on this show. I've not attended yet but it doesn't appear I missed much. About a 5 hour ride one way for me. Maybe next year...

joshs1ofakindxj

Well worth the 2.5 hour drive for me. I think there were more vendors than last year. The militaria/inert ordnance/gun parts vendors were great. Some Knob Creek vibes. Prices were very reasonable. I brought along another gun and gear collector who has never been to a military vehicle rally/swap and he was blown away. I did notice the showing of military vehicles was pretty small, but that didn't bother me. Also the hot dogs I got for lunch were 10/10.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't get an application for spots this year, but I went for the day on Friday, it's usually the biggest day and I like the auction held in the afternoon as well. I agree turnout was a little lighter than last time around, despite the weather being pretty good, compared to Thursday which was a washout. I like the new location, but there were a few rumors that this location was temporary, and the club was searching for yet another place to call its new home. Not sure if that has any merit to it, but that's what I heard.

I think this show has suffered a bit in recent years - they definitely stayed at Ripken Stadium for too long, and while the club didn't seem to do much to make the show better for quite some time, other shows nearby and in similar time of year as this show, DID make their shows better. As a result, a lot of the New England and NY/NJ MV enthusiasts go to the MTA show in north Jersey in late April/early May timeframe, and the people further west like western PA, Ohio, and KY areas go to the Findlay show in Ohio. Both of those shows I know are top notch, and while I have been going to Aberdeen/Hagerstown show religiously since 1998, I fear it has been eclipsed by those two other shows in quantity of attendees and vehicles.

That being said, I still like this show. Like I said, I have a great time, meet a lot of friends I haven't seen since last rally, and I spend as much as I can there. Prices of the gear I did see was pretty good, heck looking back I wish I bought more of some stuff, and I remembered a few things I forgot to snag before I left!
Took a few pics of the MVs that were there, in case you would like a taste. My apologies, these are what I saw Friday, I'm sure a handful others showed up Saturday morning for judging that I didn't see. Here goes:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few more MV pics, and a couple non-MVs that made me smile, too!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks