• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Massing of the Colors JBLM 9 October 2014

Amer-team

They will be holding a Massing of the Colors Ceremony on 9 October, with an emphasis on Vietnam and Vietnam Veterans.

If you would like to attend and put your Vietnam Vehicle on display, let me know and I will get your information to the Major that is in charge of that part of the event. Please note, this is on a Thursday. We have done this event in the past and it is a nice time and a great ceremony.

You will need to go through security protocols for this event. Usually this is name, DOB, and maybe Soc. Sec. number. Don't send any personal info until we know for sure.

This is a time sensitive event, so let me know ASAP. I am waiting for a note back as to their drop dead time for security info. P

Amer-team

Hello Team and especially Vietnam Veterans. This event is going to be put on as a Welcome Home for Vietnam Vets. It is their intent that Vietnam Veterans get the same welcome home that current returning vets are given on post.

If your are a Vietnam Vet in the Joint Base Lewis Mchord area plan on attending. The event is from 1300 1600 on 9 October. You can look on the WADVA website for more information.

Thank you Vietnam Vets.

Amer-team

Turned my M38A1 over to the 1st Sgt. for this event and due to a health problem with his wife, he was unable to attend. Another of our group that displays women's military items, said that she was the only historical display there. They thought about 1400 vets turned out for the event. They were asking where the guy stuff was. I was unable to go due to a change in my work schedule that I couldn't get out of.
Mission complete.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks