• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder replacement

87cr250r

Auto parts store. The new one will come with a cover that says DOT 3 Fluid. You can reuse your old cover or mark the new cover with DOT 5.

87cr250r

New the trucks came with DOT 5. What is in it today is anybody's guess. I would personally start fresh. Rebuild master. Replace the rear wheel cylinders. Replace all rubber lines. Blow out metal lines with compressed air. Rebuild front calipers.

If you trust yourself to rebuild the master and front calipers you can do this job for not much more than $100 not including fluids.

The original caliper have chrome plates bores and stainless steel pistons. I can't guarantee you'll get this with aftermarket calipers and strongly suggest it if you're going to run the DOT 5 fluid.

If you renew everything at once you can pick whichever fluid you want to use.

Whatever you do, do not use petroleum grease on any seals in the brake system. Silicone or PTFE greases only.

walkerbzz11

New the trucks came with DOT 5. What is in it today is anybody's guess. I would personally start fresh. Rebuild master. Replace the rear wheel cylinders. Replace all rubber lines. Blow out metal lines with compressed air. Rebuild front calipers.

If you trust yourself to rebuild the master and front calipers you can do this job for not much more than $100 not including fluids.

The original caliper have chrome plates bores and stainless steel pistons. I can't guarantee you'll get this with aftermarket calipers and strongly suggest it if you're going to run the DOT 5 fluid.

If you renew everything at once you can pick whichever fluid you want to use.

Whatever you do, do not use petroleum grease on any seals in the brake system. Silicone or PTFE greases only.
Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks