• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

max tilt/slope/roll angles when driving for say M1079

coachgeo

curious not really for the driving stupid reasons; though that is good to know in back of ones mind, what the max roll/tilt/slope angles is for say an M1079.

This is mostly for reference in building a potential gimbal to keep a chiller compressor within 15 degrees of level . Just discovered recently the chiller I planed to use is sensitive to angles in some respects. If gimbal gets too complex and/or takes up too much space by the time you allow needed range of motion to keep level, then can use thermoelectric chiller which won't care about angles.. but they draw much more power than a compressor type and are not as efficient over ambient temps.... then again would be 1/3 of the size..... there is always trade offs.

Last edited:

redman333

curious what the max roll/tilt/slope angles is for say an M1079. Don't plan on finding out the hard way just curious for reference. Saw somewhere 40 degree down slope was max but get feeling the poster may have got mixed up with the trucks clearance angles at front and rear being same number of 40 degrees.
I’d be curious too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrillerSurplus

curious not really for the driving stupid reasons; though that is good to know in back of ones mind, what the max roll/tilt/slope angles is for say an M1079.

This is mostly for reference in building a potential gimbal to keep a chiller compressor within 15 degrees of level . Just discovered recently the chiller I planed to use is sensitive to angles in some respects. If gimbal gets too complex and/or takes up too much space by the time you allow needed range of motion to keep level, then can use thermoelectric chiller which won't care about angles.. but they draw much more power than a compressor type and are not as efficient over ambient temps.... then again would be 1/3 of the size..... there is always trade offs.
The TM 9-2320-365-10 has the angles (and a lot of other good info including a comparison of models and a list of accessory kits on pages 1-10 to 1-30)

View attachment Equipment data page fromTM 9-2320-365-10.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks