• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Max tire size on a 406?

spicergear

I'm pretty sure it's 6.527:1 when you calculate both ratios together; the ring and pinion and the set in the portal box. I didn't know you had the torque converter truck- yep, they're slower but rated to pull something like 300 TONS, a buddy of mine has one.

spicergear

I also forgot I turned up the fuel a just a touch, and bumped up the governor just a little too but only for loaded gear changes not for open road wide open throttle...no way. Too many sets of gears flying around. :mrgreen:

Dano

From what I have read, the 94 part of MB 4/94 is 94 hp. They are turned down from 110 hp due to the short wheel base. I would like to turn it up to 110 just to get up to 35 mph in under 2 minutes lol, I realize top speed is due to 2800 rpm max. Yes she pulls hard!!! Not fast but real strong. A hoot off road, just point and shoot.

saddamsnightmare

December 16th, 2012.

Dano:

If you haven't figured it out yet, your 408 is actually even more of a fast tractor then my 404.114, and with the torque converter in the driveline, it wasn't intended for speed. Basically, you've got a true FWD with impulse drive, not warp, and nothing you can do is going to change the animal unless you can find ultra high speed ambulance axles for it, and those will cost you more then the truck. Mine is running on Uniroyal MPT 10.5X20, and I have no problem with traction. If you are lucky, you might find a set equivalent at $150.00 to 250.00 each in good useable condition. My brother up in Ohioville has heard of my Unimog (which has been in Texas and Wisconsin), but likely he will never see it there unless I get reposted, as 45-50 MPH for an S404.114 is generally flying for very long road trips. I suspect he'd love to see yours, as he used to work at Mickey's Barber Shop up in Beaver.

Enjoy your truck, it will do more then any other FWD in Beaver County except go fast.....;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks