• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Me 262 Flies again!

vtdeucedriver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIY3xXxckis

Here is one of my fav vids. This is a Me 109, origionally built as a spanish Buchon. It was converted from the Rolls Royce merlin to the Dalmer Benz turbocharged, fuel injection motor. What a sound!!! Sadly the airplane was involved in a landing incident that severly damaged the airframe. After 2 years of repair work, the airplane was just test flown for the 1st time last week where the pilot had trouble with the gear and had to make a wheels up landing.............:(

vtdeucedriver

I dont think it was too bad. I believe the major concern is the engine. Tho it has wood blades. Sudden stopage in a engine is never very good so I am sure that the bulk of the repairs will be the engine tear down and inspection. As for the fuselage and gear, should not be too bad.

At the begining of the month, a P-51 in australia made a emergency landing. His decision to land in the grass might have caused more damage then it would have on pavement.

vtdeucedriver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze2nEipDLR0

Vid of the landing. Though not mentioned. The mechanic of this airplane posted on a forum that I belong to that they found a broken gear door hinge which caused the problem. He posted for the Mustang owners so they can inspect theirs for cracks so another mustang does not have another incident.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks