• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day 31 May 2021

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Checked everywhere I knew to check and couldn't find a thread so I started this one. (If there's another one we will just merge them).

Tomorrow is Memorial Day when we remember, recognize, and honor those in the Armed Forces who gave their lives in defense of our country and to keep us free.

Tomorrow, the few of us that are left of the CAMO Crew will join the activities at the local VFW and will have a few MV's on display in front of the VFW facing Victory Drive here in Columbus, Georgia. We will also have some classic civilian vehicles on display and have a "meet and greet" where we will share memories of family/friends lost or missing in defense of the United States.

I'll post some pics tomorrow evening and I hope others will as well.

It is our hope that people passing by will stop in and join us or at least take a moment to thank our brave fallen heroes.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So our Memorial Day Event at VFW Post 665 here in Columbus, Georgia happened yesterday.

The VFW Chaplain gave a wonderful benediction and prayers of thanks for all who have given their lives defending this Great Nation.

City Councilor John House then gave a short history of how Memorial came to be and then we all had a very nice lunch provided by the VFW.

Outside, their were static displays and fellowship going on from about 10AM to 3PM. There were HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of horns honked, shouts and waves, and even folks stopping in for a few minutes on the way to other functions.

I believe, if only for a moment....folks remembered. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!MD 1.jpegMD 3.jpegMD 4.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks