• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memphis to Hattiesburg to Norwood, LA 6/17

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Headed to CSM davis' place on Friday during the day then on to Trailboss' by early evening. Hookup to a 931 and tow bar it back to Memphis Friday night. Try to make it home early Saturday morning if I run all night. Truck and I prefer the cool air.

If anyone needs anything moved let me know.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Left memphis at 530 this morning. Headed to trailboss in northern LA. Didnt get to csm's place. Tired of the heat. Made it to there around 115. Installed new batteries and hooked the towbar up. Beat tracks to memphis about 230. A little before 5 i stopped in Jackson to eat and get diesel. Towing well despite the heat. Had a mishap this morning 10miles south of memphis. Nut on the shut off solenoid came off some how. Wire came off and hit the block. Didnt hurt the wire tho. Stole an extra nut off an extra gauge i had on my toolbox and she was good to go. Vibrations.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like another successful recovery Wes. It's always good to have spare parts tucked away! Glad to know everything went smoothly after the minor vibration induced repair.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Made it home about 10:15pm. Laid over for an hour in Jackson eating and fueling up and left out of there around 620. (stupid little cars don't understand that they are little) Pretty bad storms coming north till about Grenada and then it was fine. I had approx. 375miles on the first leg down empty and then 135 miles towing and burned right about 76 gallons so about a 6mpg average in the appx 105 heat index. It was nice and hot adding new batteries and hooking the tow bar up alone. I knew it was hot when I had the chills. Then on the 216 mile journey home from Jackson the temperature dropped severely I'd say 25 degrees or so. Made for a nice drive. Used 36.3 gallons. so a little under 6. I only run 56-60mph

dmetalmiki

Nice looking trucks, And some serious driving, Nicely completed despite the minor hitch, must have been quite some site for the "little cars".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks