• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memphis to southen miss 3/29

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Leaving out in the morning early for jeff's in hattiesburg, ms. About 315 miles each way. Taking my 923 down to tow back a 931. Going to set it on 54mph and roll. Should be about 6 hrs. Then head back to memphis in the afternoon and see how far before i get tired or cant move. 2nd long trip in her lets see how she holds up. Just got back from bama today with the bolster. Gonna be a driving 2 days.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Arrived at 1pm. Hooked up and headed back about 5pm. Up 49 to jackson and then 55 to memphis. Debated about towing doubles. Come get the other one next week.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its 7pm. Got diesel. Only burned 34gals for the 265miles earlier. Burned 17gals appx for the 110 i have been so far. She is pulling good. In jackson at a Whataburger. Will be pushing on before too long after i dig my spine out of my rear end. :/

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I did the 650 miles round trip 2 wks in a row. It made me go get an air ride seat. Truck did ok. Swapped the transfer case in one today. The other needs an engine

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Nice hole in the block and the transfer case cracked all the way around across the center. I plan on taking it apart to see the destruction inside.

1300UnimogDownUnder

Thanks for the up date & pics, nice job!
Yes the air ride seat would be a must, last weekend, "Easter" I drove the Unimog 1440 kms a framing the land Rover to & from our Military Club Rally.
I was bugggerrreeeddddd.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Transfer case was from a buried 130k grinder
Engine was from an apparent engine with no coolant in it from towing. An engine that ran for well over an hour with no coolant apparently wont show signs of overheeating.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks