• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

memphis tranny won't move

ETBaals

Hi
I have a m211 that i started up for the first time in a couple of years today.
the truck had a Memphis tranny put in it in the early 90s and i ran the truck without any problems intill about 2001 when i parked it. I have started it up and driven it since then with no problems iutil today.
The truck drove forward about 10 feet and started to make a high pitch whining noise from the tranny, I shut it down rechecked the fluid (ATF) and tried to mave it again.
I get nothing, forward or backwards, but it still gives that little surge when it first starts up,
i a looking for any suggestons, the tranny probably has about 5000 miles on it.
Thaks in advance
Ernie

Attachments

ETBaals

RE: memphis tranny won

Hi again
There was some crud in the valve body, Cleaned it out and now i am back in business, shifted good low and high range.
thanks for all who contacted me
Ernie

acetomatoco

Good for you Ernie...those units need to be used and abused as we have all found out thru the years.. Hi to your Dad...RAM

ETBaals

Thanks Ram
I will give my dad the message.
missed you at Gilbert. My WC52 has the official ace tomato painted in the bumper and sife panel again.

Ernie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks