• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002/ 003 genset filters available

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all, Well, after getting around to tinkering with my Mep002 genset I got from GL several months ago, I decided to see about getting the correct fuel, oil and air filters for these units. I read about the modifications that can be done to commercially available filters to make them "fit" but I do not want to go that route. So, I did some research on the NSNs and found the correct OEM filters for each application

Last edited by a moderator:

lavarok

FYI:

OIL = NAPA 1004
OIL GASKET = ?? ( 5181 is slightly too big - going to try 5108 as suggested below )
FUEL = Baldwin PF906 ( comes with correct gasket )

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Napa 5108 o-ring gasket works great on the oil filter for my MEP-003a

Napa 3113 fuel filter comes with the correct o-ring gasket as well and to replace just the o-ring on the strainer bowl use napa 5131 o-ring gasket

Monty

Does anyone have the number for the entire fuel strainer?
I picked up my generator last Wednesday and I was looking it over this weekend and I found that the oil was drained, the oil filter was MIA, bothe the fuel filters were missing and the strainer was gone housing and all.
I looked through the TM and found the Fram number for the strainer #244344 for the entire housing, and c1824 for the strainer.
I googled the part numbers but nothing comes up, Fram doesn't list it on their website and I called my local Napa (to get the good stuff) but they can't find a cross for it.
Anyone have a lead on one? Or scraping out a genny and would sell me the strainer.

Any help will be much appreciated
Chad

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dug up the manufacturer information on that strainer a little while ago...it's posted here Mil Spec. Fuel Strainer for MEP-003a. However you may find the price is more than the strainer is worth.

If I were you I would just get some filter bases and put two commercially available spin on filters in place of the original set-up. Make sure the first one has a water separator and you should be good to go.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/engine-drivetrain/33949-mil-spec-fuel-strainer-mep-003a.html

rcflyer70

For the water separator, I used a Goldenrod #596. They are available at Tractor Supply for $19.95. It comes with the filter housing and filter (screw on). The in/out are 1" that were easy to reduce down. Cheap and works great!

Wix fuel filter - #33113
Wix Oil Filter - #51004

woodyNla

I have attempted to get the oil filter O-ring at the local NAPA. I was told that the nearest warehouse that had one was in Houston. They told me the O-ring was $.60 but it would cost $10.00 for the shipping. Any of you have access to a local NAPA that may have one of these and are willing to send it by USPS in an envelope, and have a paypal account to where I can send what it costs?

O.D. Fever

If anyone needs parts for these gensets just watch for them to go up for sale at Rock island, they deem them as scrap and require no euc.. I have bought 4 of these units and 3 ran fine, one needed a brass punch to free up the injector pump rod and a $40.00 spacer that dried out. Joe

DieselBob

woodyNla

Same deal here from the local napa. I went and ordered it at NapaOnline. 4 filters and 10 each "O" rings for fuel and oil cans $7.98 shipping.

Isaac-1

One other potential source, check Amazon, they have the purolator air,oil, and fuel filters, and do free supper saver shipping on orders over $25.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks