• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 002 a

navestar

I an in the Medford, Oregon area,was wondering if you knew of any one in that area who knows the MEP 002A who I could talk with about issues I am having with two different units.
one has start and run issues.
the other has energizing the generator problems.that unit will energize the generator one time ,then when shut down and restarted will not start.
looking for help in learning what to look for and fix the issues faster and get the units into service.
thank you for any help you can suggest to me.

Last edited:

navestar

m p e 0168,with yanmar 1oo engine in it .
is there a starter adapter kit for these units? the one I am working on is rope pull start.pull starting these units it a lot ot work a started mother of some sort would be way better.

Ray70

Now I'm really confused.... is it a MEP-016B?? Never heard of a -0168
Single cyl. Yanmar diesel with a rope start and an open cage?

3dAngus

I've recently seen a MEP016 advertised on Craigslist as a MEP02.
Not sure where these designations come from, but he is obviously meaning a MEP016 with a pull start. Not sure if he means a A, B, C, or D. I suspect he is one a smart phone and has fat fingers punching in the text too, rather then on a computer. Thus, many of the text errors. OP, I would delete this thread and just start over. You can delete within 24 hours, I believe, if you go to the very first post and hit edit, there will be a delete button. It might be camoflauged and hard to see, but it should be there.

steelandcanvas

A very good place to start, once you figure out what you have, is to download the proper TM for the piece of equipment in question. There is an excellent troubleshooting guide in the TM. Start there, and if your problems still persist, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here to help you.

Isaac-1

Ok, to add to the confusion the MEP-016B has an Onan 1 cylinder diesel and NO PULL START it is electric start only, you may be talking about a MEP-016E here though, which is a MEP-016B which has been retrofitted with a Yanmar L100 diesel, but that should have both pull and electric start already, the only ones that are pull start only in the MEP-016 series are the gasoline powered MEP-016A or MEP-016C