• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002 From Nellis Air Force Base

Was a hot and dusty day crossing the Dessert. At least its a dry heat, and all done without the AC working. Picked up my Gen set out of Las Wages from the nice folks at GL Nellis Air Base. It was really quit a fast and friendly pick up, easy in and easy out. The Gen sets were in great shape on a very nice and clean Trailer, one has 80 hours and the other has 220, both look complete and unabashed. The drive was just on this side of hell as far as temps, add alittle bit Vegas and you have all the makings of a smoking hot day, Oh did I say my AC crapped out. There were Solar panels as far as the eye could see,and rows and rows of these sweet Oshkosh trucks. Sorry I didn't get out and take better pics but I wanted to keep a low provile:roll:

Attachments

When I hit the Hoover Dam (after a 2 hour delay and stand still on the 105 degree Freeway) the nice security guys just waved me on through. I was really expecting a full search and questions about my bounty. I had wired up some magnetic trailer lites but they were spotty at best! The trailer was only equipt with air brakes and the long grade down to the Dam was respected for its challenge on my f-350s braking ability. Oh did I mention NO AC... The Dam is undergoing a massive suspension bridge project that was really quit a sight. Lake Mead is looking quit low, and has for a long time now:cry:

Attachments

I guess its only right to post a couple of the pics of the loot. The drive up and out of the Dam and back to Sedona was straight forward. The 7.3 Powerstroke does a good job pulling and handling the weight of this trailer. Most times I kept it at 60 to 65 miles an hour but a couple times I forgot about my load and I looked down to see 75 miles an hour. I thought to myself that the chances of this trailer going as fast as 75 in its life time was slim to none. My day finished in some cool and late spring showers as I hit the higher elevations of Northern Arizona. Home sweet Home:razz:

Attachments

Reactions: NDT

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking bounty!!!! That is kind of a cool looking bridge being built. Good luck getting them running and producing power!

Keeping my eye out for the Zombies:-D Anyone ever put a shorter tire/wheel on the axle to bring the trailer down too level towing for a 1 ton. Seems like folks are always looking to go higher rather than lower, I just want to pull it with my F350. Yea next I'll ask the standards like surge brakes vrs air and 12 volt trailer lighting and such. Might as well just direct me to the posted threads :roll:. Thanks Mark
Oh does anyone know the model of transport truck I pictured???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks