• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 002a cold intake hose

Grega

Ive aquired 3 Mep 002a's from GL couple months ago. All of them good runners after several minor issues repaired. But ive been having trouble finding an air duct hose that goes from the muffler to the air cleaner. Its a Gates 72 5076. Anyone have any luck finding one. I thought about a flex radiator hose but the local napa store wants $40. Or would something else work. THANKS Greg

Isaac-1

I take it your talking about the curved hose that feeds heated air to the air intake when the lever is set for cold weather operation?

If so the answer is I don't know.

However if your looking for the straight hose the connects the intake to the air cleaner, mine as well as several others I have seen lately seem to be using a high temperature silicone rubber hose of the type commonly used by automotive customizers for turbo and supercharger application, in place of the original wire wrapped rubber style hose.

Ike

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Unless you need it 100% stock, that is a waste to have. The only time that heats up the air is when the genset has been running.

Isaac-1

Well he is in Nebraska, so perhaps might need some of those arctic condition adaptions like the "cold" weather lever for use while running in conditions where normal operational temperature could not be reached otherwise.

Ike

Grega

I may or my not need the cold lever ever but the hose was broke down enough that water was seeping into the air cleaner at one time and starting rusting. Maybe as Issac-1 said, maybe a turbo type hose would work, but it needs to curve sharp by the lifting eye hook. Maybe I dont even need the hose as the coldest it would get here is -10 degrees. Even though ,I would have to plug the openings to the air cleaner and the muffler shield.

Grega

Went to a differant part store today. Showed them what I have and what the angles of the hose was. The parts guy thought he could match something up, came back with a radiator hose with somewhat simular angles. Its a dayco 70683. Had to cut a little off one end, but fit good. Enclosed are some pics. Also pictured is the rotor end bearing off anouther genny. Was making a noise like a loose piece of tin. With some effort, finally got it off. Poped off the cover and discovered the greese had dried up. Have a new one comming via fee bay.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks