• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Governor Shaft Leak

coyotegray

I have a oil leak that looks like it is coming from the governor shaft.

I am debating if it's worth the trouble to remove the gear cover.

Anyone know what the packing is made of..?

Is it compressed when assembled so that it cannot be removed and then reused..?

Thanks...

LuckyDog

From what I can find searching my resources...

looks like it will be a typical rotating shaft seal. Metal case, rubber lipped gasket. Sorta like what is used on the end of a crankshaft on the timing chain cover. (Or was when I worked on them)

Looks like you'd have to pull the gear cover to get it out. Cummins may still have the part.

Other options might be:

PN Source
509-0088 BOSCH REXROTH
509P88 Cummins
99EB44-32X2 | trostel

Hope this helps.

storeman

Could the gear cover be cracked? One of the four I stripped for parts had a cracked gear cover and the one I bought for a ridiculously high price last summer was perfect except for cracked gear cover on the exhaust side of the unit. Seeping oil leaks. Same gear cover for 002a and 003a. Oil seal in the cover should be crossable to a Napa number.
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks