• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-002a ground post

dave1970

hello,new to this site, i just bought a mep-oo2a with 26 hours on it,cleaned fuel system , changed oil, put new batterys on it it started right up works with no problems ,i want hook this up as a backup for my house, i know l-1 and l-3 are for 240 single phase ,can anyone tell me which post is the ground , i think it is l-o ,but want to make sure dont want to burn anything up,thank you

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! I suspect that you mean Neutral. This site is full of great informatipn on these generators, and the best thing I can say is to do a little searching and a lot of reading, since a proper hook-up is imperative. If you don't have a good meter, its time for one. The meter will solve your question in short order, and help with a basic understanding of what is involved. The meter should surely have the capacity to check Hz. I recomend a clamp meter.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off welcome. The ground post is below the control box on the skid. If your looking for the neutral its L0. I also suggest you download the manuals from this site and have a good read when you have some down time, there is some good info in them. And good luck with the gen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks