• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A High Voltage and Burnt Connector

cdisbennett

I have been running my generator for about 40 hours powering some heaters. When I went to refill the fuel tank I noticed the voltage was around 135 instead of being at 120 so I tried to adjust it and nothing happened. So I started to do the test for the regulator and I disconnected the wire from terminal 17 and there was no increase to the voltage. So according to the manual that indicates a bad regulator. Reconnected the wire and called it a night

Next day called Delks to get a new regulator and they suggested checking the ground at the frame beneath the control panel and to also check what the voltage was on 120/240 and 208 settings.

Took the ground apart and cleaned it up and reassembled. Turned the selector on the AC control box to 120/240 so I could check the voltage at that setting. Started the generator and the back connector at the AC control box started to spark and burn. Immediately shut down the generator and disconnected the connector to see that the pin for wire T11 was burn off.

So looking at the wiring diagram I see this wire goes from the generator to AC reconnect switch and the Control Voltage Transformer 1. That's all I know, what could cause this wire to burn up?

Thanks

Charlie

Triple Jim

CVT1 is a current voltage transformer, and is part of the regulator system, so possibly the transformer failed and caused that line to carry a high current. That might also confuse the regulator, which might still be working properly since terminal 17 on the regulator board is supplied by CVT1. Just guessing here.