• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a %Load meter

carey clarkson

:?OK guys I have a problem I haven't ran into before. I own 3 Mep-002's and have read the TM's at length to no avail. I can usually find the answer via a quick SS search however, this time I found everything but the fix to the problem.

This Mep-002a is a 1989 model with a resent in 1992. Hour meter shows 720 hours and I believe this to be correct by the rusty condition of the bolts on the hour meter and the condition of the other engine/generator head components.

The Mep-002a starts perfectly and holds a steady 60 hz and 120 volts however, after a couple of minutes the load meters rises to 30-40% +/- 10% with no load connected to it. The engine speed is constant and does not change pitch like it's an actual 30-40% load. Also while the Load meter rises the HZ and volts stay consistant with no drop.

Question is could it be picking up some stray voltage from something else in the control panel or could the load meter just be bad. If the Load meter is bad how could I test using a volt meter? Thanks

>> Update 07/30/2012

/ OK I think I have found the problem. I put the amp meter on the current load meter and measured .75amp with a 5KW load which is right on with what the TM says. The load meter was still hoovering around 30% however, if I opened up the control panel the load meter shows 95% load which is close enough. Seems the vibration when the control panel is closed is really affecting the current load meter. Now can anyone tell me where to find a current load meter that will fit the Mep-002a. I would like to keep it original

Last edited: