• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-002a / m116a2 cover

Happyland1410

I have not been able to find an original cover for my mep-002a/m116a2 and the tarp I had on it already deteriorated so I came up with an other option. I used polycarbonate corrugated roofing panels to provide some protection. It isn't a perfect solution and a hard blowing rain would still be able to get to the generator but this should help.

Attachments

buck

Geat idea. Looks nice. Where did you get the panels you used? Regular selftapping roofing screws? I've got some old pole barn roof sheets in the shed, and will be doing the same thing within the week. Like Gimp said, will work for now and be great tarp support when/if a guy finds a replacment tarp.

Happyland1410

Geat idea. Looks nice. Where did you get the panels you used? Regular selftapping roofing screws? I've got some old pole barn roof sheets in the shed, and will be doing the same thing within the week. Like Gimp said, will work for now and be great tarp support when/if a guy finds a replacment tarp.
I purchased the panels at Home Depot and I did use self tapping roofing screws that have rubber washers on them. I pre-drilled the holes in the panels and then drilled 1/8" pilot holes in the metal supports before putting in the self tapping screws.

jeepin

How do you think that would act driving down the road? Won't that want to lift up the stakes out of the pockets?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks