• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Muffler

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it comes with a muffler on it...it's inside the box where the exhaust pipe comes out.

maddog

I have read that most of the noise comes from the engine itself (diesels always rattle) and a muffler wont help much. I have not put a muffler on mine, but I would agree. My motor is so noisy I cant hear the exhaust!!

Bill W

"I have read that most of the noise comes from the engine itself"

How true
My current mep-003 has the sound shield ( A.S.K.) is soooo much more quieter the my last Mep-003 that did not have it

I certainly can hear a difference in noise levels between having the access panels off of the ASK from having them on.

I too have wondered whether a "secondary" muffler would make a difference. I was contemplating replacing the brazed 45 degree elbow which points downward with a 90 degree and then attaching a tractor muffler with a rain cap. Does anyone know if the genset takes advantage of the exhaust heat for cold weather as it seems to be pumped into the shutters?

t~

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes it does...if you follow the air intake, there is a hose that feeds into the shutter box to bring warm air into the intake on the cold winter days.

That brazed 45 you are talking about should have a standard 1" NPT thread on it, you can just use 1" pipe fittings and do whatever you want to do. However, keep in mind that those fittings coming directly off of the muffler are stainless steel, and are probably not brazed on. But as mentioned, an additional muffler isn't going to do much good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks