• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 002a oil leak

fastbackperry

I have a small oil leak on a MEP 002a. It appears to be coming from a small threaded hole that is under the injector pump. It is right up against the engine block right next to the stamped numbers and is facing the electrical power head. Powerwashed everything and then ran it to make sure the oil was coming from there. I don't have a schematic to look at but it looks like the injector pump is bolted to another housing that is closest to the block. This block is the one with the leaking hole. Hopefully I've described this well. I appreciate the help in advance. Take care. Perry

DieselBob

If it is what I think that should be the pump timing hole. It is used to make sure the pump is at a certain rotation before you install the pump to the engine. Should have a short machine screw with copper washer in the hole normally.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks