• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Panel light bulb

wikallen

Ok, I am tossing in the towel on my search for a source of the panel light bulb in my MEP-002a. Does anyone know what replacement bulb fits this? It screws in like a regular light bulb would, so none of my collection of 24vdc automotive bulbs will work.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My panel light bulbs have a coating over the bulb to give off green light. Why would this be? I am thinking about removing the coating to make it clear light thus making the lights brighter. The gauges are hard to see when it is dark out even with the lights on. I dont think I have the switch set on blackout mode! Haha! :wink:

LuckyDog

Saturn has them listed. I believe they are the 6S6 28volt. I don't have a cross reference to a civy bulb.
Saturn Surplus
6S6/30V 6 WATT S6 30 VOLT E12 BASE
S-6 Miniature Bulbs, MINIATURE/INDICATOR BULBS BY SHAPE, MINIATURES, MINIATURE BULB, MINIATURE LAMP, MINIATURE LAMPS, INDICATOR BULB, INDICATOR LAMPS, INDICATOR LIGHTS, MINIATURE LIGHT BULBS

S-6 Miniature Bulbs range in voltage between six (6.0) and two hundred fifty (250.0) volts.The letter S in the designation S-6 denotes that the bulb is STRAIGHT-SIDED shape and that the glass envelope has a Maximum Outer Diameter (M.O.D.) of six eighths of an inch or 0.75 inches which is 19.00 millimeters. All bulbs in the S-6 category have a Maximum Overall Length (M.O.L.) of between 1.80" inches or 45.72 millimeters and 1.88" inches which equals 47.752 millimeters. All S-6 miniature bulbs have a C-2R or a CC-7A/C-7A Filament Design

So there are other options if you don't mind not having the exact military style

Look at: 5T-4 C-1 3/8 30 VOLT E12 BASE, 5W 30V T4-C-1 3/8"-I, SR300V-C 18 V 5W CANDELABRA BASE, 5 WATT T4 30 VOLT CANDELABRA BASE
5T-4 C-1 3/8 30 VOLT E12 CANDELABRA SCREW BASE - 30 Volt 0.17 Amp 5 Watt Clear T4 Candelabra Screw (E-12) Base, C-2V Filament Design. 2,000 Average Rated Hours, 1.38" Maximum Overall Length. 0.5" Maximum Outer Diameter.

Only 0.5 inch shorter, 1 watt dimmer. $0.77 Might find it at a local light store or HomeDump

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks