• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a percent rated current meter help

carey clarkson

I am in need of a Percent rated current meter for my MEP-002a however, most listings I see on the internet do not give an NSN number and don't want to order a part that will not work. They just give make/model/and dimensions. Most I have found are the correct deminsions and are A&M meters that are NOS however my meter on the lower right side has (FS=1AAC) and I figure that stands for something like Amp Current or something like that. The ones I'm finding are for 60hz-400hz however, they have (FS=5AAC). Will these work and if so please explain to me what (FS=*AAC) stands for so I will konw in the future. Thanks

DieselBob

You are correct in your thinking what the spec stands for. Your meter has FS=1AAC which means Full Scale deflection is obtained with 1 Amp A.C. The meter you have found has a different FS value. Full Scale deflection is obtained with 5 Amp A.C. Although it would work it will only read 1/5th the normal reading so if you where running at 100% load on the generator the gauge would only indicate 20%. Hope this helps. You might want to put a ad in the classifieds under parts wanted. Several members have been parting generators now and again. Also you could try at Delks. They have a lot of parts for the MEP's but they aren't inexpensive.
Delk's Army Navy Surplus_Home

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks