• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a shakes is this normal?

dstang97

Got a mep-002 a while ago and I was wondering if it is normal for the genset to shake. Its bad enough where it is hard to read the gauges up close. All of the isolators look good. I also removed the covers and ran the genset to watch the blower and it looked fine. So how bad does yours shake or move?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
short answer...they shake, rattle but don't roll...hopefully.

It's only a 2 cylinder, the more cylinders the smoother the engine

RichardR

dstang97,

There's discussion of this same vibration problem in this thread. Maybe something there will give you some ideas. Seems to be a common problem with no sure cure.

Richard

Harleyd315

Where do you have the set mounted? If you have it on the garage floor try standing on the ends and see if it rocks at all side to side, end to end. If you have it sitting on concrete or asphalt try moving it to a different spot. Try putting it on a level part of your lawn. I had one that would vibrate so bad you couldn't read the hertz meter, put it on the lawn and was fine. Then I bolted it down on the trailer and it seems ok there also.

jbk

all the 002s ive had shook quiet a bit, nature of the beast. you can tweek the valve adjustment and inj. pump timming. also check the isolator mounts on the control box ive replaced these before. be sure both cyl. are hitting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks