• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a, Starting problems

RichL

Picked up two 002a's on trailer. Both with just a couple hour's on them. New Fuel, Oil, and filters installed. Getting fuel to pump, but don't get any fuel out of injector lines. Not sure what it's called, but the device that retracts when you hit the starter seems to be working fine. the arm on the side of injection pump is a little stiff. Could the injector pump be bad with only two hours on it?

epitts

IP

Mine had less than 10 hours run time after reset. IP arm was stiff, turn out the dog bone looking part in the pump had broken. I may have broken while tring to start the set with stuck pump plunger. You can take the pump off and try soaking it in carb cleaner to see if that frees it up. But it may need rebuilt, not hard to rebuild. Try www.ambac.net for info on the pump.

Harleyd315

Spray all the linkage with wd40 and move the linkage by hand sometimes it helps unless the problem is internal. Be sure when the stop solenoid retracts the IP linkage moves up also. Sometimes it needs a little help the first couple of times. If the lever is all the way up and you still don't get any fuel it could be internal. Also when the fuel pumps are running are you getting return flow to the tank?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks