• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-003 hertz gauge not working

coyote62ny

hertz gauge pegs all the way to the right it was pegged all the way to the left until i discovered the wires were hooked up backwards set generator to 60 hz with digital meter still pegs to right have read the tm and cant find any voltage or ohms checks to verify if the transducer is bad ? by the way i got the battery charging system fixed new vr and capacitor fixed that voltage across batteries stays at 28.2 volts then drops to 28 volts thanks for all your help dean

PeterD

If this uses the same type transducer as was on my MEP-004 it may have two adjustment screws on the back. Remove the transducer and see if there are adjustments there, if yes, you can do what I did:

Remove both the gauge and the transducer and with scrap wire wire the transducer to the meter, observing the polarity. Connect the input to the transducer to 120 volts line AC. The AC line is very accurate and is very suitable to calibrate. Adjust the adjustments so the meter reads as close to 60 Hz as you can. Since you will not be running at 50 Hz (I hope...) you are set. Of course if you need to adjust it to work on both 50 and 60 Hz, the adjustment is more difficult to do.

(Note: not all transducers have adjustments... Seems the adjustments were added later (maybe the 70s or 80s?) but really old ones may not have it.