• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A DC Charging Regulator Wiring

derf

My MEP-003A came with the DC charging regulator disconnected. I looked in the TMs but couldn't find much on testing and wiring it.
Can anyone shed any light on testing the unit or which wire goes where? There are three wires on the bottom, one with a red sleeve, and two wires out of the top.
I suppose two wires are AC input from the stator and two are DC output but what is the 5th wire for?

I believe this is the same reg used on the MEP-002s, also.

Any help appreciated.

coyote62ny

the wires hook up like this the three out the bottom the one with the red band goes to the wire that goes to the batteries the other two go to the stator wires does not matter which one hooks to which stator wire the two on top go to the dc fuse holder they dont have any terminals on them they just solder to the terminals on the fuse holder the fuse holder is just above the oil filter on the back side of the blower wheel mounting plate testing the stator unhook the regulator start engine with the blower cover removed dont run more than 3 minutes with the blower shroud off testing across the two stator wires that come from under the blower wheel you should get 30 to 35 volts ac if you get this your stator is good the only way i know of to test the regulator is to hook it up and see if you get 26 to 28.5 volts dc at the batteries when the set is running at 60 hz hope this helps you get it going

derf

OK, thanks. I was thinking the top two wires only went to the fuse but it is nice to have confirmation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks