• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-003a no cranking!

TucsonVTXF

When I place the start switch to start nothing happens. I can jump the starter with no problems. Basically I have no power to the stater selnoid from the start relay. How common does this part go bad? There is power when the switch is set to start on the k1 relay at terminal A1-2 but not at A1-1.

Attachments

Last edited:

storeman

Looks like the wrong item to me. Just got home and no time to dig up the correct part number and picture. Two identical relays in the control box, one for starter and other for heaters. One is above the other. Check them.
Jerry

TucsonVTXF

Looking at the complete schematic it looks like I also need to check for power comming from terimanal 11 on the start switch s1 that would feed relay k3 a-1 to a-2

Attachments

Harleyd315

Check the starter cut out switch. Jump it at the plug by the oil filter, if it cranks after that then clean the contacts on the switch. The contacts are behind the cover on the right of the oil filter.

TucsonVTXF

**** yea you are right!!! jumped the switch and now cranky!!! the manual says ( I think ) ohm and check for open which I did.. so anyways we are in the right direction to uncover a bad fuel line!! looking for a return set of lines for #2 and #3! return.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks