• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A transfer pump running

1800 Diesel

Just got an MEP-003A runner from a private deal and discovered today that at least one of the fuel pumps is running with the master switch turned to the "off" position. Never saw this happen before but I had to set the switch position to the "pre-heat released" setting to stop the pump(s) from running. Also pulled the DC breaker to make sure the heaters didn't decide to come on...pouring down raining today so I covered the unit and sought shelter....looking in the TM now but so far nothing has come up...thanks for any suggestions from prior experience with this condition.

1800 Diesel

I'm thinking messed-up master switch. Might also be one or more stuck relays.

Forgot about the relays--that would seem to be the most likely culprit, relay sticking in the closed position? Hoping to get a donor unit within the month that has a bad engine, so maybe I'll have some spare parts....the one I'm working also has a phase selector switch stuck in the 3-phase position....thanks for the input...I'll do some troubleshooting when the weather clears up...

1800 Diesel

I'm thinking messed-up master switch. Might also be one or more stuck relays.
Update--I'm thinking it's just that the switch has been rotated so that the "pointer" or switch knob doesn't line up with the respective positions....at least that's what I'm hoping...fiddled with it last night & that's what it looks like....just need to loosen something inside & rotate back to correct position??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks