• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004 starting problem

tony1224

I have a problem trying to start my MEP-004.It was starting pretty good at first .it was running and stop running.I was checking every thing and if i had any power.I got my meter and find out that when the starting is off I am getting 24 on the switch.as soon as i move the switch to run the volts drop from 24v to about 9volts.also the oil light on the panel is very low.I went ahead and put the 2 wire on the back of the amp charging gauge and that way it does start and state running.but once you do that the gauge don't read if it is charging or not because I only have power to one leg of the gauge.It is not the gauge because I do have also a MEP-005 that it is running fine so I test the gauge on it and the gauge is find.I also switch the whole control box and I still have the same problem so I know that is not the gauge or control box.Need help guy's.any suggestion????

tony1224

I try the amp meter on the other Genset and it is working find.I even went ahead and switch the whole control box fron the other Genset and still the same.the problem looks like it is coming fro somewhere else.I don't get it.

212sparky

check over your wiring harness for damage. then check the control box for damage then look over your sensors for oil pressure, temp and fuel level

leedawg

Im sort of confused what the problem is. So the DC charging amp meter you say when you jumper across its terminals the generator runs fine but if not it will not run?

How did you ever figure that out or just started playing with things?

Sounds like one of the safety relays is shutting it down. Will it stay running if you flip the battle short switch to the on position? If so its for sure one of the safety switchs.

tony1224

Im sort of confused what the problem is. So the DC charging amp meter you say when you jumper across its terminals the generator runs fine but if not it will not run?

How did you ever figure that out or just started playing with things?

Sounds like one of the safety relays is shutting it down. Will it stay running if you flip the battle short switch to the on position? If so its for sure one of the safety switch.
I do know a little about mechanic.so I figure out that the problem was electrical.so I went ahead an used my meter and it was telling me that i had 24 v with the starting switch in the run position.as soon that you try to start the volts will drop to about 9v.so i try jumping the amp meter and that it is how start and it will state on that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks