• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 004a on pad or not?

DEVILDOC

Hello SS Gang,
I have been looking couldn't find anything on here. I have a question about mep004a. Been on the market for a gen for couple years I think mep004 can run my house if needed did the math already. On the fence about mounting to concrete pad or get one on trailer. If go pad it will be about 150 feet from the house. Not sure if leave it mobile or not any input will be nice. I own a Sweet M35a muilt fuel with LDS465 turbo and nice water trailer Stainless Steel Tank.
I got a 250 gal fuel tank to hook to it as well.

Harleyd315

You must live in a very big house, I have an 005 on a pad at the FD here, no problem. I also have 2 more 005's on trailers that we move around town when needed. Either way works just fine.

DEVILDOC

2000 sq all electric , mep004 is just a 15kw yours is a 30kw. You must have a much bigger house :) .
just wondering if keep it mobile never know when or where you might need it or mount to pad .
Thanks for your input.

jbk

i personaly like mine moble. and at 150 ft. away an increase in wire size will be needed. if you do the single phase conversion on the 004 you will not get the 15 kw out of it may only get around 11 or 12 kw which the 003 can do. 004 is rated at 1.5 gph. while the 003 is 1.1 gph. that being said the 004 is a little easier on the ear than the 003.

SurfinElvis

I have an 004 secured in a 10x14 building. 150 feet will create "line loss", so a large service cable will be needed. I had no reason for mobility for my genset, nor did I have a trailer for mine, so permanent mounting was a no-brainer.
Unless you have an ASK kit, placing it far from your house will be helpful for noise, but will it put the unit closer to a neighbor?

storeman

The 004s do come with a noise suppression kit (on Gubmt Liquid) on occasion. Would help with line droop and noise and some of the suppressed units come on trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks