• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A small issues...

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, I have got back to playing with this again.
I removed the set from the trailer and hoping to power the home with it during outtages.
I had great success with the single phase conversion late last year.
So anyway, Murphy showed up after I fired it up the other day (which i love how easy this things starts)
I have no ac at the lugs now.
What the hell? I fumbled my way through one of the TMs and I guess I will be looking into the voltage regulator.
You need to troubleshoot. Your guessing. The troubleshooting guide would lead you in this direction:

Is the Volt meter on the panel showing voltage?

Is the 120 volt out lets showing voltage?

Will the DS6 come on and stay on when you press the S3 in the up position?

What TM did you "Fumble your way through"?

pinz399

You need to troubleshoot. Your guessing. The troubleshooting guide would lead you in this direction:
I should have stated that I have been through all the obvious checks.

Is the Volt meter on the panel showing voltage?
no voltage in any position

Is the 120 volt out lets showing voltage?
no

Will the DS6 come on and stay on when you press the S3 in the up position?
yes

What TM did you "Fumble your way through"?

pinz399

I had a few minutes to remove the regulator/exiter box and open it up.
Just looking for anything suspicious .
I did not notice any burnt traces or anything that appeared bad.
I will be spending some time cleaning contacts and connections.
On a side note, I have found a mouse nest in the unit, so im looking for wire damage as well.

Thanks all

Guyfang

Staff member
Let us know when you put it back together. Then we can test farther.

I should have stated that I have been through all the obvious checks.

Better if you tell us WHAT you checked and how.

pinz399

Well fellas, somehow I now have ac present on the lugs and even on the gauges. My freq. gauge initially was not working, but after I reset the dc breaker it began to settle down at 60hz. I cleaned a few plugs and contacts, blew all the dirt out of the vr/exciter box and put it all back in. I also removed the speed sensor to be sure the little connection shaft in there was not damaged. I have not load tested it on the 240 side yet. My 110 compressor runs well off the front service receptacles. I was scared that this was going to be a long road with the vr board. These are great gen sets and I have been looking around for another.
Thanks for all your help everyone. 20221020_174020.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks