• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-004aas amp rating

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The current rating for the mep-004a is 52 amps @ 120/208 volts 3 phase, and 26 amps @ 240/416 volts 3 phase.

Keep in mind that these gen-sets do not have a reconnection switch and are meant to be strictly 3 phase units ( not single phase in the conventional sense of having 240 volts phase to phase with a center tap neutral, on the 240/416 setting you would have 240 volts phase to neutral ), however I can't imagine why you couldn't reconfigure the load panel a little bit and get 120/240 single phase out of it. After all, it is a 12 lead gen head just like the rest of them, the only problem I can see would be with the metering on the main panel. To monitor the single phase connections on the mep -002a and 003a gennys you need to select voltage and current monitoring for the different lines (L0, L1, L2 or L3). Maybe, possibly the voltage regulator might cause an issue, does anybody else out there have any thoughts????

brianrbull

In the 120/208 configuration you have 120v line to Neutral, 208 phaze to phaze You can run single phaze items BUT you must be careful to load all Phazes equally (Or as close as Possible) This is why the military uses 3 phaze A/C's even on the smaller "Window" shakers (9000 BTU) I would not exceed a 20% variance between phazes or you risk having exciting things happen inside your generator..... Just my 1c