• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 005A single phase conversion question

N2GS

Greatings from Ca.
After watching the videos and reading posts on the MEP 005A single phase conversion I have a couple of questions.
Are the wire leads that get moved from T8 and 12 labeled in some way?
after the conversion are you getting 100 amps each from T1-LO, T3-LO and 50 amnps from T1-T3
Happy Thanksgiving
N2GS

mpmaurin

MEP-005A Conversion to Single Phase: I went through the procedures and all the wires were marked per the procedure. The only difference was that the copper bus bar was under the terminal board with the rest of the wiring rather than on top. It was also riveted to the terminal board. Made all the changes and the panel mounted volt meter reads

L1-L0 = 120V
L3-L0 = 120V
L1-L3 = 240V

However, when I close the breaker and check the terminals I get:

L1-L0 = 86V
L3-L0 = 157V
L1-L3 = 240V
L0-L2 = 91V

Can anyone help me on what the problem might be?

mpmaurin

All of the wires are labeled. I had to twist a few of the wires to see the label but they were there.
I got 120V across L0-L1, L0-L2, and L0-L3. Then 240V across L1-L3.

Greatings from Ca.
After watching the videos and reading posts on the MEP 005A single phase conversion I have a couple of questions.
Are the wire leads that get moved from T8 and 12 labeled in some way?
after the conversion are you getting 100 amps each from T1-LO, T3-LO and 50 amnps from T1-T3
Happy Thanksgiving
N2GS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks