• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016 pick up by shipper?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I decided I cant make the 6 hour drive and found a shipper that is quite reasonable. Looking at my paid invoice from GL I see where I designate the approved person to pick it up. Do I gie the invoice signed to the shipper picking it up or do I fax it to GL? I looked on the form and it doesn't make that part clear. Thanks.

goodguyzy

You give the paper work to the shipper, fill out the authorized to pickup part. Just don't forget that they need to call to arrange a load out time.

derf

Look into the SS Express. I'm not sure if it runs in your area but if you are patient it can work.
Where is the gen to be picked up?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thanks all. It is at Eglin AFB in north Florida (I am in central Florida). I found a really good company on UShip, 190.00 includes pick up at the base and residential delivery with lift gate service. The companies listed on GLs site couldn't come close to this price. I am not sure if it is against the forum rules to name the shipper, but if anyone needs a reference let me know.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By all means let us know the shippers name, and if they do a good job for you. some business could go their way. They are not trying to vend their product without the vendors membership, and you are just relaying the hopefully positive experience you had with them. Nothing against the rules with that.

I would however wait until you have completed the transaction with them so as to make sure you are completely satisfied with the service and no "hidden" charges come up. Nothing like saying...hey guys, use this shipper they are good and cheap. Then having them turn the tables on you and having to come back on here and recant your endorsement of them.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Great point, no sense in jumping the gun on this. It is being picked up now, and will be here Tuesday (I waited till the last day to have it picked up as I thought I was going to drive up there myself). 3 day transit time excluding the weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks