• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016a couple of questions?

jcrockett222

1. Is there a place to buy rebuild kits for the carb. I checked a couple different sites and all I see are carbs themselfs.

2. Ive been looking at the TM and I'm a little confused on the cable wiring, but for now all I want to use on the generator are the 120v recepticle so what settings do I use on the dials.

james

carey clarkson

Carb rebuild kits are a thing of the past. Carb is very easy to take apart and clean. I purchase cork gasket material from automotive store and either trace the original or remove the float bowl turn upside down on the cork and start tracing. Then all you have to do is cut out and then trim the excess out of the middle. Works good and lasts a long time. Don't forget to remove the 90 degree elbow on the float bowl as there is a small screen behind it that usually gets clogged up. Most of the time you can use compressed air to remove the screen and clean.

The 120v conveniance outlet(recepticles) can only be used for the lightest of loads i.e. battery charger. It is not influenced by the voltage selector switch in the control panel and it is not monitored by the Current load gauge. Make sure to read the TM prior to start up