• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B Dipstick?

87Nassaublue

Hi Guys, I just picked up a couple of MEP-016 generators from the military. One is an E with the Yanmar engine and the other is a B with the Onan engine. As usual, the military drained all the fluids and took the batteries and oil filter. On my B version they also took the oil filler cap/dipstick as well. I was able to acquire a filter but I'm still looking for a source for the dipstick. I may have to machine one myself from scratch. I'd prefer to just buy one rather than doing all that fabrication and reverse engineering.

Have any of you guys found a source for a dipstick for these MEP-016B models?

87Nassaublue

Hi guys, I got lucky on this issue. I found the dipstick stuck in the frame. Thank goodness I don't have to reverse engineer it and make it from scratch.

I also had some broken governor linkage. One of the guys mentioned that McCaster-Carr has the linkage ball joints. I ordered some and hey are a perfect replacement. I also saw they have the throttle control knob and cables if anyone's interested. I saw someone was looking for one of those a while back as well.

Maybe later today, I'll have that thing running. I'm still going over it re-assembling all the stuff the military dis-assembled. I don't understand why they take so much stuff apart, but I'm thankful to have been able to acquire it just the same.