• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016C Top Vent Position

carey clarkson

I have several MEP-016C Gen Sets however, I have not been able to find a defintative answer as to what position the Top Vent is supposed to be in during operation. The air vent I'm talking about is located on top of the Gen Set between the engine and the Generator, and it is spring loaded. When fully opened the fan on the generator produces lots of air movement and when fully closed routes the air on either side through vents below the the engine and generator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.aua

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has a thermal spring of sorts and will close and open that vent as needed, at least that is what I was told.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks