• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016D Hook up

Jries

Ive been playing with my newly purchased MEP 016D. I decided to keep the lugs rather then hard wiring outlets so that I can keep the versatility of the unit. I want to run it in 250 1ph to power a transfer switch. Which lug should I be using for the neutral and ground? And for the 120 mode? FYI I dont have any continuity between the ground lug and any of the terminals. Also my understanding after reading some other posts about OSHA requirements for grounding is that the unit itself shouldnt be grounded if using another ground, ie a transfer panel hooked to the main panel ground.

Jries

Ive spent the day reading, and re-reading posts about this topic and am still confused. When I run my genset in 240V 1PH I have 120V L1-L0 and 120V L2-L0. However when I check the continuity of T6 to see if the mod has been done I only get continuity to L2. Also when I run it in the 120V 1PH mode I get 60V from both L1-L0 and L2-L0. I also only get continuity between L1-L2. I have no continuity to the ground lug all read as open.

I think my genset might be a misfit. I have no breaker on my float, no starter, and no slave recp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks