• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 016d

Stob

I picked up my genset yesterday bought from GL. I did a general check, it didn't have any oil or fuel in it. It actually looks as though the engine is new and never ran. Anyway, I put oil in it and some fuel in the top tank, set the throttle level down some into the run zone, and it started right up! I let in run at low RPMs for a few minutes then increases the RPM's, no issues. I don't know if the high limit stop bolt is at the right place or not. The voltage gauge was showing voltage, and I checked across a couple lugs and I have 120 volts, so it appears I have w doable machine!

Noisy little bugger though! I was running out of daylight, but was pleased. For a unit that was marked as H7, I'm wondering what they know that I don't know? It's running great and seems to make voltage, so where's the problem?

So is there a TM on the generator itself, not the Yanmar, I have that, but the generator that would give me the instructions on knob settings, voltage at which lugs, etc?

And thanks for the site and all the threads on these things, helps a lot!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't idle it, you risk buring up the voltage regulator. I'm sure someone with more info will post soon enough.

Isaac-1

There are manuals available as PDF's google for manuals for the MEP-016a or MEP-016c as that what yours was pre Yanmar conversion.

sewerzuk

For a unit that was marked as H7, I'm wondering what they know that I don't know? It's running great and seems to make voltage, so where's the problem?
I have bought quite a few H7 sets that had nothing wrong with them...a few more that were intentionally disabled (leads switched on TB's, entire wire harnesses cut, etc.). I think they just classify it as unserviceable to legally move it into DRMO and get new equipment.

derf

I think they're phasing out the MEP-016 types in favor of the newer types. I've gotten everything from broken throttle cable to only bad battery. One I suspect had a NEW Yanmar 10HP but they cross threaded and stripped the nut when they were installing the big wire on the starter so they just quit the conversion and DRMOd it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks