• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEp-018a new electrical starting issues...

subternal

Ok,

So I wrote on here a few weeks ago because of a starter solenoid issue which I am pretty sure I have fixed. Now I have a new issue, when I connect the batteries and flip the starter switch I get nothing but click not from the starter but from the switch/control panel. I think this is at least somewhat normal considering I have a second mep-018 that does it and works great. My problem is I get no juice to the starter solenoid wire hence no start. The starter gets power which I have checked but since I get no power to the solenoid lead I cant figure out what is going on. I have attempted to read the wiring diagrams that got me somewhere searching for a bad lead but I am not a DC electrical guru so its a bit like reading very broken english... Ive also tried reading the TM's but they are little help..

Can any be of help to direct me to anything that might help? Ive attempted to cross-reference my working generator wriring with the non-working one in hopes of finding a solution but Im pretty stumped...I was thinking one of the relay's was bad or something but I have no clue at this point, if it is of any help the actual start/stop switch I found was bad and quite possibly was shorted out which I took off the working one and it still does not give juice to starter solenoid lead. Any help would be great!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks