• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-701A fan

Milbikes

The top fan on my MEP-701A does not come on when running the generator. The one on the side does. When I got the generator recently, one of the fan fuses was burnt. I replaced it, and the wiring seems intact, and it is plugged in. Is this fan by any chance on a temperature controlled switch? The fan does spin freely by hand. The fan on the side of the case does run at full speed. H..

RWG

The fan on top should run full time with the other one.
I have three of these generators, and all work the same way.
RG

Milbikes

It spins freely. If I spin it with a screwdriver while the generator is running, it slowly coasts back down to a stop. I found a spot on the black wire going to it that had some bare wire. I don't think it was touching anything though. The fuse I had put in the other day is blown. Any way to bench test the fan? With four tiny pins in the connector it looks a little troublesome. H.

Isaac-1

I also have a problem with my top fan, it tends to build up moisture inside and stop working, every few months I have to remove the top panel flip the fan over and pour the water out, I turn it back right side up and it runs fine for another few months, getting all those screws out on the top cover is a pain though.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks