• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 701a questions

cuad4u

As Isaac-1 stated a diesel engine WILL NOT run off propane or natural gas. There are many reasons. Too much compression is probably the main reason.

dependable

Well, they told you wrong, the 701a is a 016b with a ASK(acoustic suppression kit), and has a 1 cylinder diesel motor that runs at 3600 RPM.

There is the 016a that runs off a loud and thirsty gasoline motor that can be converted to propane.

Gunzy

As Isaac-1 stated a diesel engine WILL NOT run off propane or natural gas. There are many reasons. Too much compression is probably the main reason.
So what are the Over The Road trucks running for engines that run on CNG? I see them filling all the time near my work. I am talking about Peterbuilt, Kenworth, etc.

Triple Jim

So what are the Over The Road trucks running for engines that run on CNG? I see them filling all the time near my work. I am talking about Peterbuilt, Kenworth, etc.
Probably a system that mixes fuel gas (propane or CNG) into the air going into the diesel engine. Injected diesel fuel then ignites the gas and they burn together. I'm pretty sure a stock 701A is not designed to do this.

Gunzy

Probably a system that mixes fuel gas (propane or CNG) into the air going into the diesel engine. Injected diesel fuel then ignites the gas and they burn together. I'm pretty sure a stock 701A is not designed to do this.
I have looked at a couple of those trucks and never saw a diesel fuel tank.

Triple Jim

A diesel can be converted to use the "fogging" system I described halfway easily, but the engine would still need to retain all the original parts like the diesel fuel tank and injectors. Obviously the spark ignited gaseous fuel engines are just that... gaseous fuel only. And of course the 701A is neither.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks