• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-701A Replacement Supplies

PWRMAD

Hi
I am new here and I have searched the forum before posting but I am trying to find a list of replacement items for my MEP-701A by motor type. I have 2 MEP-701A generators and 1 has the Yanmar motor and the other one has the Onan (I beleive) I have found some info on the forum for the Onan but nothing on the Yanmar. Here is what I am looking for, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, and recommended Motor Oil that I can buy at a place like Autozone. I need this for both motor types.

On another note I just picked these 2 generators up and the bottom of the fuel tank is dirty is there an easy way to flush them without complete dissambley?

Should I add any special additives to the fuel or oil? Thanks for any recommendations you may have.

Isaac-1

For the Yanmar you need to search on MEP-016E, for the Onan Air filters and fuel filters are hard to find as they are not standard parts, but can sometimes be found on ebay, etc.

Air filter for the Onan powered MEP-701a is Nelson 70301-N

Oil Filter is Napa 1378 (numerous crosses here as it is a standard screw on filter, the napa number was hand written on a label on my MEP-701a)

Fuel Filter Davco 103516 ( sometimes listed as103-516) (there is also a second Davco REPLACEMENT #101151 )

coyotegray

I have two with the Yanmar Conversion...

Here is a engine parts manual for the one with the yanmar conversion..

http://dawinfo.com/L-AE-Series-Parts/L40AE-100AE-Parts-Complete.pdf

Dealer Locator..

YANMAR | Dealer Locator

As far as filters, etc the military may be using items non-standard to Yanmar...

I run the same oil (Rotella T) I use is all my other diesel engines, Deuce, mep-002a, 003a, M009.......

Those are good motors..

ETA - If you have the same Yanmar motor I do, it does not have an "oil filter" but a strainer screen you clean..

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks