• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802 fuel lines

fa35jsf

Cold snap came through with TONS of ice. More than half the city is without power, and out towards the country where I live almost nobody has it. But I got my 802!

The problem is one of the rubber fuel return lines coming off the rear injector is oozing fuel. It appears to be dry rotted. It is the thick line that comes off the engine and then goes into a metal line that is horizontal to the engine block.

Does anyone have a part number? If needed is there an easy way rig up something out of fuel hose to keep the generator running should the hose burst?

And before anyone says anything, I have limited internet access right now and I can’t view the Tm on my little phone screen. Guess this is why it’s wise to print it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any local auto parts stores? The main lines from the hard line to the metering pumps is 1/4" Gates... I find it locally on a roll at o reillys. You just cut the metal flared fitting off the hard line, and get it off the metering pump inlet. Replace with new Gates lines and small hose clamps on either end.

Main line
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...27002/4348868?q=gates+safety+stripe+1/4&pos=4

Return line

fa35jsf

Thank you. That was my concern was the flared fitting. Luckily I have spare 1/4” fuel line and hose clamps lying around. Power company just reported 3 out of 4 customers in the area are without power and the freezing rain keeps falling. This is crazy weather for this time of year down here in OK. The trees still have there leaves on them so the ice is making them super heavy. I’ve lost so many limbs and whole trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
The line should not burst. Its low pressure. It will seep, and that you can live with right now. When you get your hose, get enough to do it all. No sense going to all that work, and not doing it all. The guys here can give you any info you need to get everything you need to fix it, all.

Ray70

To make life easy, use a Dremel tool and a small cut-off wheel to slit the crimp collar lengthwise then just pry it open with a screwdriver.
While you're in there take a good look at the small return line running from the end of the fuel rail up to each injector then back down near the fuel filter then back to the tank. If it's wet or seeping at all, may as well replace that too, since it's only a matter of time before it lets go!
Use 5/32 , 3.5mm or 1/8" fuel hose. The 1/8" is quite difficult to push onto the T-fittings but once on will stay in place without any clamps or zip ties and it will last longer than vacuum hose. a drip of fuel or oil on the fittings will help alot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks