• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-802a engine change

Diesel Dogg

It may smoke some but not a lot and it should not run rough. Are you sure the engine is a reman? Let it run about 10 mins and if its still running rough and smoking, you may have more issues.

I bought the engine from Adelmans in Chicago, the guy I talked to said they were surplus reman engines. I took the generator outside this morning ( out of my 70° shop) to run it for the ten minutes, (only ran it 4, sounds horrible) with the throttle all the way down it smoked and ran rough. As I tried to slightly increase engine speed it smoked blue/black more and is blowing oil/fuel back out the intake. Also have no generator power on the gauges.

Diesel Dogg

Well we have a change of events. I was telling my dad about how crappy it runs, I started it up for him to hear it. It starts good and ran crappy, then belched some black smoke and started to die. I shut it down and checked everything over, oil looked good (no glitter), intake was dry, and no holes in the block. I started it back up and ran great! No smoke and a lot less vibration. I also have AC output back. The whole situation seems sketchy but apparently it worked itself out. I'm going to leave it set for the day and try it again tonight.

Thanks for the help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks